This article is written in the month of August. So of course it’s about the matriarchs, queens, ‘shero’s’…. Yes, I’m talking about the WOMEN in the midst of us. Women have evolved immensely in the past couple of decades. Who would have known that we would be leaders in households, leaders in boardrooms, leaders in places of work, leaders in relationships?! Whilst women are conquering the world one relationship and social standard at a time, there are some things that we fully haven’t gotten the hang of… And that’s our Finances.
As much as we making money that our grandmothers could only fantasize about, there are certain challenges that we are met with along the way. These challenges range from how to make your money work for you to how do you make ends meet. I know that there are a whole host of obstacles that you may be facing. But, my job is to assist you in navigating through your fears, challenges and unanswered questions.
So to start let me breakdown a few things you can use to enhance your finances and secure your financial future:
- Setting financial goals for yourself- You know where you want to go, you know the financial life you want for yourself. It’s only in your best interest to set financial goals that are aligned with the aspirations that you have. The more detailed your goals are, the more precise your actions can be. So, write down all your financial goals.
- Having a bad day? Impulsive shopping is not the answer- Women are strong human beings but sometimes life gets the better of us. It’s okay to take some time off and get yourself together. Don’t let your wallet suffer for periodic moments of sadness or ‘feeling down’. Remember what your goals are and stick to your financial plan. All tough times pass, bad financial decisions take longer.
- Invest in yourself- taking money from your income and investing in yourself, may be the best thing you may ever do for yourself. This may be furthering your education, starting your side hustle or building a reputable personal brand. Whatever it is, make sure that your future self will thank you financially for your efforts now.
- Miss independent- If you’re in a relationship or married, It’s advisable to have your own sense of financial independence. Besides the fact that it will boost your confidence tenfold, it will also provide you with the sense of security that you can always take care of yourself and loved ones with or without a partner.
- Rainy days- If your car-clutch gives in, if the geyser brakes or there’s a family emergency, make sure that you are not caught off-guard and that you have stashed away money for rainy days.
- As daunting as investing may seem, all you have to do is start. You will learn the technical words and strategies along the way but if you start, that’s half the battle won.
These are some of the tips that all women should have in their Armour. You may make mistakes along the way but if you have a trusted financial planner that helps you along the way, that makes the journey that much easier.